Thursday, November 29, 2007

How big is your?


Your studio that is. What does the word studio mean to you? Right now my studio is my desk in the dining room of our house. But if a studio is where you work, then my studio is my entire house.


I have my sewing machine in my bedroom. It got booted out of the living room by the Christmas Tree. I work with papier mache at the kitchen, then set it to dry in the garage. I work with the weaving and the felt in the living room, sitting on my hiney on the couch. Most of my paper crafting and the like is done at my desk.


I like that I am using space to do what I want to do. And I am making tons of stuff. I am toying with the idea of making the space in the garage into something of a more "official" studio. I have a long counter ( the height of a kirchen counter, 'cause that is what it was) and several cabinets. But I balk a little because it is winter and even here, it gets cold. And, I am a pansy.


Today was spent making Christmas cards. THey are taking alot longer then I figured they would. I keep changing my plan, too.


The weather was stormy and they were calling for snow tonight. SNOW. I hope they are wrong.

No comments: