Sunday, May 31, 2009

Here's to kitchen expirements.


Those who know me, know I can not cook. And they greatly prefer that I don't. But I can bake your pants off! And today was a special day to try something new. Sister turned 12 last Wednesday and wanted us to do bbq for dinner. We decided that we would wait until we could have other parts of our family over and share a big wonderful meal together.

I knew I was going to make vegan cupcakes. I use Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and I thought I would keep it simple and light by using the Vanilla Cupcakes. I thought I might make the Raspberry Buttercream frosting, using raspberry syrup (like for coffee). And then I eyed my Lavender Syrup and realized that a lighter version could be made. I added lavender essential oil to the oil in the cupcake recipe, about 2 drops was enough. It adds a very light background flavor that is sweet and earthy at the same time. I then substituted the lavender syrup for the raspberry in the frosting. So over all the flavor is light and summery.
Peace
K

No comments: