Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A very special treat


Not only do I have a wonderful recipe to share, but I get bragging rights, since it is one that I made up. A friend of mine gave me a bunch of blueberries and asked if I would create something that combined blueberries, chocolate and lavender.

Blueberry Cups:
1 cup blueberries (mine were fresh, but frozen would work)
1/2 cup Lavender Syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1 to 2 drop lavender essential oil (to taste and smell)

2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrow root

8 squares semi sweet baking chocolate
2 teaspoons shortening

Combine first four ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, and bring to a slow boil. Lower temp and reduce. Using 2+ tablespoons of liquid from blueberry mixture, mix cornstarch to create the thickening agent, and add to saucepan.
Reduce (preferably to half but this is up to you). Set aside to cool.

In a microwave safe bowl, place chocolate and shortening, and melt in the microwave (I used 30 second increments.).

In a mini muffin tin or candy mold, cover the bottom with melted chocolate, place some blueberry mixture in the center, then cover with chocolate. I placed mine in the freezer.

They won't last long. And keep in mind, that this recipe is not a picky one. There is a lot of wiggle room for your personal preferences.

No comments: