Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life is interesting. And it certainly has interesting ways of testing us. The beautiful thing for me is, I was shown through connections and disconnections that the path I am on is the path for me. I was introduced to an amazing artist {Matjames Metson} at a time when the voices of negativity were trying to shout over all the work I have done.
We sometimes listen to the negative, because the positive can be scary. It can mean moving forward and away from the safety of the now. But for over a year I have only listened to the now and that has led me to a beautiful time of creativity and purpose and honesty. And I think I laugh more now then I did before.
It is also always necessary to be true to our feelings. To state them and be clear that they are worthy of being heard. Negative does not like that. Even the negative in your own heart. Negative only wants what it wants, not what others want.
This was beautifully reinforced to me this week. And I did not waver from the course my life has set for me. Instead I stood up to the bullies of my past and walk away feeling both empowered and peaceful. The confrontation (such as it was) did not leave me questioning, as it would have before.
Now, I just need a staple gun, 27 yardsticks, 2 yards of canvas, and time to do a large peace.
K

No comments: