Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh Bother.

No photos to go with this post. We are down to one too few computers in my house, and my son had homework that took precedent. I can't download to the laptop I am using to write this, as it may just be older then me.
Let me start my saying that my heart goes out to Haiti in this time of need. I am hoping to get together with some people to do a bake sale to get donations to the Red Cross. 
I am overwhelmed, it would seem. Either that, or totally unmotivated. I have several things that I really need to post and get into my etsy shop. But I just can't seem to get it done. Call it the winter blahs, or possibly even a fear of failure. Whatever it is, I am trying to banish it to the wastelands.
I made the template for the valentines card that will be going out to little bits friends. I also have been working on a hodge-podge set of 10 cards. And book marks. And marketing. And packaging. And baking. And cleaning. Well, you can see how this is going. 
I also have been working on a mission statement of sorts. In my future, I would love to have a space to help people gain access to art. In a tangible, make it way. I want to provide studio space, and materials, within reason. I also want to provide the opportunity for people to sell their art on a very local level. I have been working on the business model for this for awhile now. Part of me is telling me it is getting closer to that time. We shall see. 
For now, peace.
K

6 comments:

Clare said...

That sounds like a great plan, we have recently had something like this set up in Leicester and as far as I can tell it works really well, its a really inspiring place with something different always going on.

I Dig This Life said...

Sounds good! I hope your plan works out!

http://wherepeoplecreate.blogspot.com/

vivaciousvegan said...

I am sorry about your computer issues right now, I know how that can be...I wish I had your energy to make homemade Valentines cards. I like to read your blog, it is interesting. Chin up, spring is coming and things will get better soon! Maybe your happy Valentines cards will give you a little sunshine!!

Clare said...

Hi, by the way, I tagged you in a favourite photo meme on my blog.
Only if you want though :)

k's mumbo jumbo said...

@ Little Bear Stories; Go right ahead, just send me a link!
Thanks
K

Clare said...

Oh it was just a pass on tag to post your favourite picture. The details are on my blog.
It was passed on to me by another blogger :)