Sunday, February 10, 2008

There is so much I should be doing...


So, of course, I am procrastinating. In my defense, I would like to point out that I did something to my back and/or my hip and am having trouble with pain. I can't seem to sit for long periods of time, or stand for that matter. Makes any of the work I do hard to do.
I did sketch some the last couple of days. And I have to say I am very pleased with one of them. If I manage to finish it I will post it. I have the very last things to finish up on the girls Valentines.

I have written a couple of things in the last couple of days. I seem to go in cycles. I am either writing like a mad woman, or painting or sewing. I have been working on a novel for several years. I refer to it as my literary vomit. When I am really stressed, out will come huge chunks of the book. When I am not writing at it, I am fiddling with character notes, timelines, and the like. I doubt this novel will ever see the light of day. But I do intend to finish it. I will find a realy great line, or paragragh or idea hiding in my head. And those usually turn out to be the changing pieces. Pieces that make the other pieces make sense. My poetry is a lot like that as well. I collect visual images in my head and in my memory and store them until I find a use for them. Sometimes that use is in another visual medium, and sometimes it is in writing.


On a Sunset:
fire night sky
from parapet spied
lights thoughts afire
flame up fast, bright, hot
then fade, deepen to night sky
Kristen Fadich

I wrote this at the change of the seasons, between summer and fall. Not really sure why it struck me at that time. But that is the way my work is. I am inspired by something. I get a random IDEA and from there I either need to see if I can reproduce on my own what I have seen, or get the idea out of my head.
I spoke to a friend on my this week and we are both of the attitude that we are searching for who we. And we both feel like we are looking at the world with a somewhat fractured world view. I would really like to hear your descriptions of a fractured world view. Please leave them in the comments section.
Peace
K

No comments: