Monday, November 26, 2007

It must be safe to come out now

I was very excited to start working on my business plan this morning. I sent the kids of to school and spent my morning taking photos of some of my work. I had taken my memory card out of my camera and was working on those photos, when I happened to glance out my livingroom window. Walking up the sidewalk were six wild turkeys. Just walking along like they do it everyday. I, of course, grab the camera and run to the window, snapping away. But my memory card is in my laptop. By the time I got the card into the camera and outside, the turkeys were up at the neighbors, several them staring at a cat like it was food. It must be after Thanksgiving!






After the turkey excitement, I got down to work. I took a ton of photos of the stuff I plan on posting on etsy.com, and I actually made a couple of bracelets. And I went shopping for stuff that I would need to get this thing rolling. I went to the dollar store and was taking my time wandering the isle. I found this really neat looking book. "You Can Do It! The Merit Badge Handbook for Grown-up Girls" by Lauren Catuzzi Grandcolas. Now, I haven't had a lot of time to look at it but it looks like a really fun read. A how to for getting out of your safety zone.


I am excited about finding the book, because I have felt that I have been being nudge in this direction for a couple of weeks. My standard job hunting methods were turning up nothing but odd results. And I was becoming beyond frustrated. I have been creating a lot of stuff since we moved into this house in May. And I have been educating myself in all sorts of different arts. Then last week I had a meeting with a friend and I flipped open my organizer. My handy- dandy organizer with the inspirational quote of the day. The quote that day was "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door" Milton Berle. I realized that I was knocking on doors that maybe weren't ready for this opportunity. So, now I am building doors. And right now they are made of felt.

I think I will start posting my work tomorrow.



No comments: