Thursday, January 22, 2009

So much...



I have been having a tough week this week. Some emotional dramas have been playing out in some interesting ways that were very unexpected.

On the the other stuff. I was brain storming a while back trying to determine how to get a hold of a cheap canvas that would require a lot of work to clean up. It is easy enough to find used canvases that you need to spend a great deal of time and effort to make usable. But finding anything that just needs a coat of gesso or paint is next to impossible. Especially if you are trying to keep to a recycling theme. One of my resolutions is to reuse as much as I can that others through away. I have an affinity for thrown away things.

Anyway I was, brainstorming and I realized that all I needed was something to keep the canvas tight and taut. Well, an embroidery hoop does that. And it does it quite well. So what if I used embroidery hoops as my frames? Turns out it works just fine. It enabled me to continue to tighten the fabric ( I used fabric and not canvas because I was out of canvas at the time, still am actually) as I needed. It also allowed me to take the fabric off the frame to make other adjustments as needed.

The result is something that is a departure from my usual style. It hearkens back to a simpler time when recycling was the norm, reusing was done all the time. And is in line with what is my new focus.
Peace
K

No comments: