Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Connecting


I will be honest... it has been a tough week. So I think that part of my assignment in gratitude will be to sit outside and ground myself. Listen to what the earth has to say. Let the ground tell me what path to take.


At night, I sleep with my window open and I can hear all sorts of night noises, not all of which are urban related. I can hear the pine cones fall from the tall pine in the backyard. In the morning I can see the squirrels scavenging the seeds from that gift. It is fall here, but we are still growing. It does not get cold enough yet to damage the onions and garlic. There is frost on the car windows but not really anywhere else.

I will spend time in the garden, making what things wish to be made. And I will let the earth better guide my path by listening to what she has to say.

No comments: