Monday, February 9, 2009

Just some yummies


I joined The Post Punk Kitchen forums yesterday. If you are thinking about becoming vegitarian or vegan, this is an amazing resource. I use a great deal of the baking recipies from their books: the Veginomicon and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
Yesterday I made vegan biscotti. But, I just can't let a recipe alone and I changed it up a bit. I added cranberries and slathered them in melted carob chips. I have spoken to several people who have said that until they tried mine, they hated biscotti.
Then I made peppermint patties. Turns out some of the ones that you buy have gelatin. That is a bad thing for a vegetarian. Standard rule here is that, if the animal has to die, we don't eat it. So, Hubby found a recipe that is better than the store bought ones.

Truly, yummies going on in my house. Eat now, art later.
Peace
K

No comments: