Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Attack of yet another Wednesday....

One of the things I love about Eugene is that in winter everything is green. Very green. Moss grows everywhere. This is the curb at the school! I love this town!
I tell ya, Wednesdays just sneak up and jump out of the bushes at me. I was already to attack the day and get several pieces started. I have been keeping a journal of sorts that keep tracks of what I want to do next. I have several things in papier mache that I want to get going and I thought today would be a good day to do that.

Boy, was I wrong!!!!!! I started a bracelet, and that is actually drying. I may need to do a second layer of paper, but I really want it dry before I make that decision. I may have made the bracelet a little on the small side. Normally not a big deal. But this one was pretty complicated and I don't want to make another one if it is only a test run. Epsecially as I seem to have the technical part dealt with. And yes, there were some technical bits to this bracelet. A bit of architecture if you will.


THis is the bowl I started. THe form is quite big. But I want a wide shallow bowl that is very very thin. This didn't work and ended up in the garbage. I should have it figured out by tomorrow.



THen I started a bowl. And then I screwed it up. Well, actually I screwed it up after I tried to yank it off its form too early. I will try again tomorrow. I will actually be tackling a very complex piece tomorrow as well. I have this IDEA that I can use partially set papeir mache as you would clay. I am not at all sure how this will work. If it turns out, I did buy the most divine paper to cover the piece with. Pink with gold swirly bits. I am pretty excited.

No comments: