Sunday, December 16, 2007

This was one busy weekend



Saturday we had a little party with some of the kids best friends. The girls made great felt ornaments and the boys all played on the computers. I turned the girls loose with a stack of felt and baskets of fiddlies to put on the ornaments. They all have such great creativity that I didn't need to do any thing but sew up the ribbon to make them ornaments.




I am always astounded at what a child can come up with if you give them the space, and materials. Most of the children I know that are still in grade school are brilliantly creative. They are still very willing to think outside of the box, or at least the ordinary. They are not at all concerned about what people think of them. I love that they will make the first thing that comes to mind and stick with it.






Today the girls and I made henna tatoos. Okay, I did them and the girls were my guinea pigs. I have never done this before. I have gotten henna tatoos, and so have the girls. I love having my hands done. It is an amazingly artistic and meditative thing. It is also very social. Once you have your hands done, I think most people would be able to see why this is an enduring tradition in many cultures. Anyway, today was the first time I have ever done it. I don't think I did to badly.




I began work on a project for a set of amazing triplets I know. I had a lot of fun looking at all my different paper and deciding which trip's personality was most personified in that paper. Every so often I would come across a piece that just screamed one of them. I am enjoying this process.

I am finding that I am really starting to think in terms of WHAT CAN I DO? How can I make this idea work? I am not really thinking is this art, or is that art? But I am noticing alot more around me. I am also very aware that I am sending out this more positve attitude and know that is a very very good thing.


No comments: